To ensure the safety of passengers and staff during emergency rectification and repairs of damaged structures caused by Typhoon Odette last December 16, 2021, GMR MEGAWIDE Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC) will transfer all departures for both Domestic and International flights to Terminal 2 (T2) beginning Sunday, January 16, 2022, 06:00 a.m. PHT. The damage to Terminal 1 (T1) has been far more extensive especially at T1 departure areas which requires an immediate rectification program which will last several months. In order to ensure that users and stakeholders of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) continue to experience a high level of service, safety and security, GMCAC will consolidate all departures in Terminal 2 for the duration of the rectification program.
Domestic arrivals will continue to arrive at T1 South Wing Arrivals as this area is the least damaged section of T1. International Arrivals will also continue to arrive at T2 Arrivals in order to remain fully compliant with the arrival health protocols set by the national government and Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
In summary, the following operational concept will be as follows for each terminal:
- All Domestic Arrivals will arrive at T1 South Wing Baggage Reclaim.
- Domestic Arriving passengers will access T1 Baggage Reclaim Hall from T2 by connecting airside link bridge or be transported by bus, depending on their designated aircraft parking bay and proximity to the Domestic Baggage Reclaim Hall in T1.
- Domestic Arrivals Pick-up for vehicles will remain at T1 Transportation Hub.
- Airport Village will remain operational with selected shops open for the benefit of meeters and greeters.
- All Domestic and International Departures will access the upper level of T2 Departures Drop-off with limited waiting time for drop-off to prevent congestion.
- Domestic and International passengers will check-in at T2 and proceed through final security check to proceed to their designated boarding gates.
- International passengers will be separated from Domestic passengers at entry to the designated international boarding gates which have Immigration Counters located at the entry to the designated gates.
- All passengers (both Domestic and International) will have access to all facilities in T2. However, certain retail outlets specifically for international passengers, such as Duty Free, will not be open due to the very low volume of international departing passengers for now.
- International Arriving passengers will access T2 Bureau of Quarantine Verification Counters, Immigration Counters, Baggage Reclaim Hall, and Customs in compliance with the current IATF protocols for arriving international passengers.
GMCAC will ensure adequate staff guidance and signage is in place to provide passengers with directions and information during the switchover period.
The consolidated mode of operations at T2 will remain so until rectification and repairs of both T1 and T2 have been completed. Passengers and stakeholders shall be notified in advance of any changes to the designated use of Terminals 1 and 2 prior to any change of operations.