Pursuant to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) Resolution Nos. 96 and 97, all international passengers arriving at Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) shall observe the following arrival protocols starting February 1, 2021.
Before your scheduled arrival at MCIA, make sure to complete and ensure the following:
- For all types of passengers, complete the online MCIA Passenger Arrival Registration Form via https://mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-registration within five (5) days before your scheduled arrival date at MCIA. Take note of your Barcode/Travel Reference Number (TRN) sent to your email address upon completion of the form.
- Adherence to the mandatory RT-PCR swab testing on the 5th day from the arrival date at MCIA
- For OFWs, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) shall shoulder the cost of quarantine facility and swab test upon arrival.
- For non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals, the following required arrangements are shouldered by the passengers:
Step-by-step Arrival Guide
Step 1. In-flight procedures. Prior to arrival, fill out the following forms distributed by the airline crew while on flight:
- Health Declaration Form
- Immigration Arrival Card
Step 2. Arrival briefing. Upon arrival, undergo required briefing by the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ).
Step 3. Validation. Once briefing is done, proceed to the Validation Counter and present the following:
- Barcode/Travel Reference Number (TRN)
- Boarding Pass
- Health Declaration Form
Keep the printed barcode until the date of your scheduled swab test.
Step 4. Temperature scan. Proceed to thermal scanning by the BOQ.
Step 5. Immigration clearance. Proceed to the Immigration counter for clearance. Submit Immigration Arrival Card.
Step 6. Proceed to designated counters. Proceed to the designated counters at the Arrival Reclaim Hall:
- For OFWs: OWWA Counter for hotel accommodation assignment
- For non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals: Cashier counter for payment of swab test (PHP and Visa card are accepted. For other currencies, proceed to the foreign exchange counter at the arrivals area.)
Step 7. Claim luggage. Proceed to assigned reclaim belt to claim baggage.
Step 8. Waiting area. Proceed to the designated waiting area and wait for a representative from the respective agencies for Customs clearance:
- OWWA for OFWs
- Accredited hotel representatives for returning non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals
Step 9. Customs clearance. Proceed to Customs counter for clearance.
Step 10. Quarantine facility transfer. Proceed to your designated vehicle with your respective agency representative for hotel or quarantine accommodation drop-off.
Step 11. Swab test day. On your swab test date scheduled five (5) days from your arrival date, submit the printed barcode to the medical personnel then undergo swab testing.
Step 12. Releasing of test results. Test results are released within 24-48 hours via the email address provided in the online registration form.
- If swab test result is positive, BOQ will coordinate with the passenger for specific instructions. The passenger must comply with the mandated health, safety, and treatment protocols of the DOH and BOQ.
- If swab test result is negative, the passenger will receive the test result via email from the BOQ.
For inquiries on test result, please contact the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) via email@example.com or call (032) 494-7000, 7688 to 7690.
Step 13. Home bound. If swab test result is negative, coordinate with your LGU for further instructions on transport and completion of the remainder of the 14-day quarantine. You may coordinate with your LGUs for pick up or arrange your own transportation depending on the instructions of your LGU.
Pre-payment instructions for swab test
Pre-payment of swab test for non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals is encouraged to facilitate smooth process upon arrival.
To pre-pay for the swab testing, follow the steps:
1. After completing your online registration and once you receive your barcode/TRN, pay at least 48 hours before your scheduled arrival date. The following are the available payment methods:
- Bank Transfer or Direct Deposits (Indicate the passenger’s full name and arrival date in the details/notes section)
United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB) – SM City Cebu Branch
Account Name: PRIME CARE CEBU
Account Number: 00-318-1044-220
Swift Code: UCPBPHMM
- Money Remittance Centers
Palawan, Cebuana Lhuillier, M Lhuillier, LBC, Western Union, etc.
Payee: Janna Ragas
- Other methods
Prime Care Medical Clinic located at APM Mall, across SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
2. Once payment is done, fill out the Prime Care Prepayment Form via bit.ly/PrimeCarePrepayment. Present the prepayment confirmation at the Cashier Counter upon arrival. Cash and credit card are also accepted to process payment.
Passengers are strongly advised to continuously monitor the status of their flights and ensure that they have the necessary documents in compliance with the regulations of the local government of their point of origin and place of destination.