Top property developer Megaworld has opened its first hotel development inside its 30-hectare The Mactan Newtown in Lapu-Lapu City earlier today. The formal opening was marked by an Anchor Dropping Ceremony led by (L-R) Grace Bartolome, general manager of Savoy Hotel Mactan Newtown; Noli D. Hernandez, president of Megaworld Cebu Properties, Inc.; Lourdes T. Gutierrez-Alfonso, chief operating officer, Megaworld; and Raymundo V. Melendres, managing director of Megaworld Hotels.
Here are some things you need to know about it:
- Savoy Hotel Mactan is Megaworld’s 3rd Savoy Hotel
- Savoy Hotel Mactan stands 18-storeys tall and offers 547 guestrooms and suites, targeting mostly business travelers and family vacationers. In terms of room inventory, it is the biggest in Mactan.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan-Cebu International Airport and 5 minutes away from the Mactan Newtown Beach. A complimentary shuttle service will be offered to and from the beach.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan offers superior and deluxe rooms, deluxe premier, and junior suites – all fully equipped with essential amenities, in-room electrical safety box, 43″ LED TV, coffee and tea-making facilities, mini-bar, and wireless internet connection.
- Savoy Hotel food and beverage (F&B) outlets such as Savoy Café for breakfast and all-day dining, Lobby Café for coffee and pastries, Zabana Bar at the lobby area that offers cocktails and drinks, Pool Bar at the third level, and the Patio, and outdoor dining area located at the second level.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan’s amenities include a swimming pool, paved sunbathing lounge, fitness center, business center, and a flower garden.
- As Savoy Mactan opens its doors in November, it will offer introductory rates of P3,288 to P5,888 per night, inclusive of buffet breakfast for two, depending on the room category.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan’s interiors are designed by world-renowned Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA), the same firm that designed Marina Bay Sands and Fullerton Hotel in Singapore, as well as Shangri-La Dubai and St. Regis Abu Dhabi in UAE.
- The hotel will also have a wide range of function and meeting rooms.
“Savoy Hotel Mactan Newtown is just 15 minutes away from the airport, which makes it a perfect choice for business travelers. Its location also allows one to experience the beach and the township at the same time, where restaurants, cafes, supermarket, spa, and other retail shops are just within easy reach,” said Raymundo Melendres, managing director, Megaworld Hotels.
“Savoy Hotel Mactan caters to smart travelers who appreciate the harmony between work and leisure, where they can discover and experience the hospitality of passionate Filipino hoteliers,” added Grace Bartolome, general manager, Savoy Hotel Mactan.
Megaworld has spent P1.7 billion to build the hotel, which is one of the many hotels that it plans to put up inside The Mactan Newtown.
Savoy Hotel Mactan is the third hotel under the Savoy Hotel brand, a homegrown hotel chain established by Megaworld. Other Savoy Hotels have already opened in Boracay Newcoast and in Newport City, Pasay City.