The COVID-19 pandemic has severely effected the tourism and hospitality industry globally. While the easing up of restrictions has allowed more movement, and more establishments to reopen, travel is still very much limited. Having said that, now is definitely the time to support local!Continue reading
As Bohol reopens its tourism industry, undoubtedly one of its main economic drivers, Bohol tourism stakeholders have collaborated to launch the first ever and biggest selling campaign, dubbed as Balik sa Bohol: Bohol Online Sale, which will run from February 21 to March 14, 2021. Noq is the best time to start planning a visit to the island for those itching to travel once more and enjoy breathtaking beaches, scenic hills, majestic rivers and spectacular dive sites or savor healthy food in an organic farm.Continue reading
If you’re in Cebu, the festive season doesn’t end on New Year, as it is extended to Sinulog! Maayo Hotel, Cebu’s only wellness hotel brings to life Cebuano culture and tradition as it ramps up its Sinulog 2020 activities.
What is a Cebuano celebration without food? Maayo Hotel prepares a feast of a wonderful culinary journey at Uma Restaurant in time for the Sinulog festival with Kumbira: A Cebuano Heritage Cuisine Feast. Enjoy the different featured dishes from around Cebu to your heart’s content! The feast is available until Sunday, January 19 for P750 net per person for lunch and P870 net per person for dinner. Check out some of the sumptuous dishes below.
Capture the ritual prayer dance and music to celebrate the Sinulog festival in honor of Señor Sto. Niño and catch Mandaue City School for the Arts Dance Troupe at Maayo Hotel’s main lobby on Saturday, January 18 from 1:00PM-3:00PM and 6:00PM-8:00PM and on Sunday, January 19 from 7:00AM-9:00AM.
Light up the night and dress to illuminate in neon or white at Maayo Hotel’s annual Sinulog Roof Deck party this coming January 18, Saturday. Dance the night away with some of the renowned DJs in the metro. Have a glowing-good time together with your friends and family. Tickets are sold for P300 net per person with a round of drink while Open Bar tickets are sold at P1,100 net per person.
For reservations and inquiries, you may call Maayo Hotel at (+63 32) 517 0200 or follow them on their social media pages on FB and IG @maayohotels
Top property developer Megaworld has opened its first hotel development inside its 30-hectare The Mactan Newtown in Lapu-Lapu City earlier today. The formal opening was marked by an Anchor Dropping Ceremony led by (L-R) Grace Bartolome, general manager of Savoy Hotel Mactan Newtown; Noli D. Hernandez, president of Megaworld Cebu Properties, Inc.; Lourdes T. Gutierrez-Alfonso, chief operating officer, Megaworld; and Raymundo V. Melendres, managing director of Megaworld Hotels.
Here are some things you need to know about it:
- Savoy Hotel Mactan is Megaworld’s 3rd Savoy Hotel
- Savoy Hotel Mactan stands 18-storeys tall and offers 547 guestrooms and suites, targeting mostly business travelers and family vacationers. In terms of room inventory, it is the biggest in Mactan.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan-Cebu International Airport and 5 minutes away from the Mactan Newtown Beach. A complimentary shuttle service will be offered to and from the beach.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan offers superior and deluxe rooms, deluxe premier, and junior suites – all fully equipped with essential amenities, in-room electrical safety box, 43″ LED TV, coffee and tea-making facilities, mini-bar, and wireless internet connection.
- Savoy Hotel food and beverage (F&B) outlets such as Savoy Café for breakfast and all-day dining, Lobby Café for coffee and pastries, Zabana Bar at the lobby area that offers cocktails and drinks, Pool Bar at the third level, and the Patio, and outdoor dining area located at the second level.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan’s amenities include a swimming pool, paved sunbathing lounge, fitness center, business center, and a flower garden.
- As Savoy Mactan opens its doors in November, it will offer introductory rates of P3,288 to P5,888 per night, inclusive of buffet breakfast for two, depending on the room category.
- Savoy Hotel Mactan’s interiors are designed by world-renowned Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA), the same firm that designed Marina Bay Sands and Fullerton Hotel in Singapore, as well as Shangri-La Dubai and St. Regis Abu Dhabi in UAE.
- The hotel will also have a wide range of function and meeting rooms.
“Savoy Hotel Mactan Newtown is just 15 minutes away from the airport, which makes it a perfect choice for business travelers. Its location also allows one to experience the beach and the township at the same time, where restaurants, cafes, supermarket, spa, and other retail shops are just within easy reach,” said Raymundo Melendres, managing director, Megaworld Hotels.
“Savoy Hotel Mactan caters to smart travelers who appreciate the harmony between work and leisure, where they can discover and experience the hospitality of passionate Filipino hoteliers,” added Grace Bartolome, general manager, Savoy Hotel Mactan.
Megaworld has spent P1.7 billion to build the hotel, which is one of the many hotels that it plans to put up inside The Mactan Newtown.
Savoy Hotel Mactan is the third hotel under the Savoy Hotel brand, a homegrown hotel chain established by Megaworld. Other Savoy Hotels have already opened in Boracay Newcoast and in Newport City, Pasay City.
Horizons 101, the tallest residential condominium buildings in Cebu City, launched yesterday its own limited service transient accommodation, Horizons Stay.Continue reading
RedDoorz, a tech-enabled budget accommodations platform based in Singapore is ready to address the growing demand for quality-yet-affordable accommodations in Cebu, as tourism in the Queen City of the South is expected to continue booming this year.
Resorts World Manila (RWM), the Philippines’ first integrated entertainment and tourism destination is celebrating its 10th year by staying true to its trailblazing nature through continued growth and innovation, while maintaining its reputation for delivering world-class thrills with a Filipino touch.
A resort which is just 10 minutes away from where I live is moving closer to the completion of its major and hotel-wide renovation! BE Resort, Mactan finally reopens the doors of their all-day dining outlet, Salt Restaurant & Bar, and the steps to a new lounging experience in Mactan, The Deck.