- Baguio Food Tour: Choco-Late de Batirol at Camp John HayPosted 1 month ago
- Chance trip to Jakarta with AirAsia IndonesiaPosted 1 month ago
- Baguio Food Tour: Te Quiero Tapas Bar and Restaurant – Microtel Inn and SuitesPosted 1 month ago
- SatisFIND: Empowering the CustomerPosted 1 month ago
- Sinulog Festival Queen 2014 WinnersPosted 2 months ago
- Spend P500 and get a chance to see Bruno Mars with SM Food Retail!Posted 2 months ago
- Miss Cebu 2014 Coronation Night happening tomorrow!Posted 2 months ago
- Sinulog sa Kabataan sa Dakbayan 2014 WinnersPosted 2 months ago
- Sinulog sa Kabataan sa Lalawigan 2014 WinnersPosted 2 months ago
- Sugbusog 2014 at the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu opensPosted 2 months ago
Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm, Davao
Part 7 of a series
Day 2 of my Davao trip is Nature Trip Day! I started the day at Eden Nature Park then I proceeded to the Philippine Eagle Center. After communing with the trees, birds and the bees at the PEC, Manong Driver brought me to the Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm. We actually passed by the Garden/Farm before reaching the PEC but we decided to drop by the latter first so that it’ll be one straight drive back to the City Proper after. The Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm is less than 10 minutes away from the PEC and is along the highway, across the Malagos Garden Resort, so it is not difficult to locate.
The Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm is a sprawling, eight-hectare property in Malagos, Baguio District Davao City. At an elevation of 375 meters above sea level, it is the ideal location for growing the most breathtaking Vandas, Dendrobiums, Mokaras, Oncidium Grower Ramsey, and Phalaenopsis, as well as exotic landscape plants. It produces approximately 20,000 dozen sprays of Oncidium Grower Ramsey and 60,000 dozen inflorescences of Dendrobiums.
My visit wasn’t on an orchid blooming period so as much as the caretakers wanted to, they had nothing much to show. I also wanted to buy some orchids and plants for mom as she loves to garden but then I wasn’t sure if the plants need to be quarantined at the airport and I didn’t want to get stuck there not knowing what to do so I didn’t buy any.
For individuals and small groups, a minimum purchase of P250 worth of orchids or any ornamental plants entitles entry for the Orchid Farm Toru. For groups of 5 persons or more, an equivalent of P50 minimum purchase of orchids or any ornamental plant entitles one person for the Orchid Farm Tour. The Farm Tour will be scheduled on the day of the plant purchase. If a farm tour is to be availed, a tour ticket will be issued and assigned personnel from the farm will accompany the guest(s). The farm is open for tours from 8am to 4pm daily, except on Sundays as the farm is closed.