- Travel Stay Where: Jardin De La Viña Hotel, Zamboanga CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Travel Stay Where: Casa de Babano, Bislig, Surigao del SurPosted 3 weeks ago
- Travel Eat Where: Rasa Pura BaguioPosted 3 weeks ago
- Be as flexible as the multimode Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 with Smart BroPosted 3 weeks ago
- Manulife marks Cebu debut at The Mactan NewtownPosted 4 weeks ago
- Travel Stay Where: Azalea Residences BaguioPosted 4 weeks ago
- Baguio Food Tour: Choco-Late de Batirol at Camp John HayPosted 3 months ago
- Chance trip to Jakarta with AirAsia IndonesiaPosted 3 months ago
- Baguio Food Tour: Te Quiero Tapas Bar and Restaurant – Microtel Inn and SuitesPosted 3 months ago
- SatisFIND: Empowering the CustomerPosted 3 months ago
Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm, Davao
Part 7 of a series
Day 2 of my Davao trip is Nature Trip Day! I started the day at Eden Nature Park then I proceeded to the Philippine Eagle Center. After communing with the trees, birds and the bees at the PEC, Manong Driver brought me to the Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm. We actually passed by the Garden/Farm before reaching the PEC but we decided to drop by the latter first so that it’ll be one straight drive back to the City Proper after. The Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm is less than 10 minutes away from the PEC and is along the highway, across the Malagos Garden Resort, so it is not difficult to locate.
The Puentespina Orchid Garden and Farm is a sprawling, eight-hectare property in Malagos, Baguio District Davao City. At an elevation of 375 meters above sea level, it is the ideal location for growing the most breathtaking Vandas, Dendrobiums, Mokaras, Oncidium Grower Ramsey, and Phalaenopsis, as well as exotic landscape plants. It produces approximately 20,000 dozen sprays of Oncidium Grower Ramsey and 60,000 dozen inflorescences of Dendrobiums.
My visit wasn’t on an orchid blooming period so as much as the caretakers wanted to, they had nothing much to show. I also wanted to buy some orchids and plants for mom as she loves to garden but then I wasn’t sure if the plants need to be quarantined at the airport and I didn’t want to get stuck there not knowing what to do so I didn’t buy any.
For individuals and small groups, a minimum purchase of P250 worth of orchids or any ornamental plants entitles entry for the Orchid Farm Toru. For groups of 5 persons or more, an equivalent of P50 minimum purchase of orchids or any ornamental plant entitles one person for the Orchid Farm Tour. The Farm Tour will be scheduled on the day of the plant purchase. If a farm tour is to be availed, a tour ticket will be issued and assigned personnel from the farm will accompany the guest(s). The farm is open for tours from 8am to 4pm daily, except on Sundays as the farm is closed.