- Flawless Cell Infusion Booster Mask now in Cebu!Posted 6 days ago
- Milk Tea Lovers, Serenitea opens in Cebu!Posted 17 days ago
- Cebu City Marriott Hotel’s new weekend buffet offeringPosted 19 days ago
- Libotero’s Top 15 Pinoy Travel BlogsPosted 26 days ago
- Jollibee’s Amazing Aloha is Back!Posted 35 days ago
- Ayala Center Cebu’s New Wing Tops OffPosted 43 days ago
- Burnham Park, Baguio CityPosted 44 days ago
- Baguio City Overview (in photos)Posted 45 days ago
- Day Tour in Baguio CityPosted 45 days ago
- Libotero hops to Kuala LumpurPosted 46 days ago
Pontevedra, Negros Occidental
Part 6 of the Libotero Negros Occidental Heritage Series
From Hinigaran, I took a mini-bus towards the next town up north, Pontevedra. The short trip only cost me the minimum fare of ten pesos.
The town of Pontevedra is a 3rd-class municipality, in terms of income. Based on the latest census, it is home to at least 42,089 people.
Pontevedra’s small and simple green municipal hall-cum-police station blends well with the surroundings. Cool!
Just across the street is the newly renovated St. Michael the Archangel Parish.
One of the prominent features of the church is a sword-carrying gold sculpture of St. Michael on top of the church dome
Clean and modern interiors
Inside, the church is characterized by an altar adorned with gold and brown carvings
National Highway, Negros Occidental
After offering my prayers, I went back to the highway and waited for a mini-bus to pass by so I could hop in and proceed to the next town up north.
(…to be continued)