- Flawless Cell Infusion Booster Mask now in Cebu!Posted 6 days ago
- Milk Tea Lovers, Serenitea opens in Cebu!Posted 18 days ago
- Cebu City Marriott Hotel’s new weekend buffet offeringPosted 20 days ago
- Libotero’s Top 15 Pinoy Travel BlogsPosted 27 days ago
- Jollibee’s Amazing Aloha is Back!Posted 36 days ago
- Ayala Center Cebu’s New Wing Tops OffPosted 43 days ago
- Burnham Park, Baguio CityPosted 45 days ago
- Baguio City Overview (in photos)Posted 46 days ago
- Day Tour in Baguio CityPosted 46 days ago
- Libotero hops to Kuala LumpurPosted 46 days ago
Libotero: Roadtrip to Bicol
Bicol is the Land of Spice
The Bicol Region or Bicolandia is one of the 17 regions of the Philippines. It occupies the Bicol Peninsula at the southeastern end of Luzon island and some other islands. It consists of six provinces, namely, Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate, and Sorsogon.
What has been planned for years has finally come to fruition. It was my first time to do a roadtrip to South Luzon and it is definitely an unforgettable experience. I will not hesitate to revisit the region once the opportunity comes. For the meantime, I would like to share our marvelous and astonishing experience in Bicolandia. I’m writing our experience also to help others who desire to visit the place but don’t know the essential information such as where to start, what to visit, etc.
- Plan your roadtrip ahead. You can’t just go there unprepared. Finalize your itinerary, and your hotel bookings.
- Buy some maps. I recommend EZ Maps. Get the Luzon EZ Map (shows the entire national highway sytsem for Luzon, as well as major roads, distances and cities) and the San Fernando, La Union, Vigan and Laoag EZ Map. It is exciting and interesting to see where you are and how far you have gone in the North. Also, this gives you an assurance that you are on the right track.
- Get your cash ready and don’t rely on ATMs. The further you get in the North, the lesser the ATMs are.
- Check your car days before your roadtrip. Make sure it is well tuned up. You wouldn’t want to encounter engine troubles while you’re enjoying your roadtrip, right? Also, make sure your tires have the right pressure and bring a spare tire.
- Keep your gas half full all the time. Whenever you see a gas station, don’t hesitate, get your tank refilled.
- Bring food and drinks. At times when making a stopover is untimely, it helps if you have with you some chips and bottled/canned drinks to fill your stomach.
Here are the details of our Roadtrip to Bicolandia:
- Roadtrip to Bicol
- Quezon Province
- Naga City
- Naga Metropolitan Cathedral
- Naga Basilica
- Sneak Peek
- Tanchuling Hotel
- Pacific Mall Legazpi
- Morning in Albay
- Lignon Hill
- Legazpi Cathedral
- Cagsawa Ruins
- Hoyop-Hoyopan Cave
- Camarines Watersports Complex
- CWC Experience
- Camarines Sur Provincial Capitol
- Revisiting Naga Cathedral
- Mount Isarog
- Goodbye and Thank You, Bicolandia