- Flawless Cell Infusion Booster Mask now in Cebu!Posted 5 days ago
- Milk Tea Lovers, Serenitea opens in Cebu!Posted 17 days ago
- Cebu City Marriott Hotel’s new weekend buffet offeringPosted 19 days ago
- Libotero’s Top 15 Pinoy Travel BlogsPosted 26 days ago
- Jollibee’s Amazing Aloha is Back!Posted 35 days ago
- Ayala Center Cebu’s New Wing Tops OffPosted 42 days ago
- Burnham Park, Baguio CityPosted 44 days ago
- Baguio City Overview (in photos)Posted 45 days ago
- Day Tour in Baguio CityPosted 45 days ago
- Libotero hops to Kuala LumpurPosted 45 days ago
Krispy Kreme opens in Cebu today!
On a local level, this has been a trending topic on social networking sites for the past few days! Finally, Krispy Kreme is now open in Cebu!
The confectionery goodness that Krispy Kreme bought when they first arrived in the country in 2006 is on the move.
Half a decade and 23 stores after it opened its pioneer store in Bonifacio Global City, the world’s favorite doughnut is now going national as it turns on the Hotlight switch in the Queen City of the South, CEBU!
In celebration of its 5th year in the country, Krispy Kreme is expanding its reach beyond Luzon, all in the name of satisfying the palates of the discriminating doughnut aficionados in Cebu.
The doughnuts we all love!
“We’re pleased and proud to unveil the very first Krispy Kreme branch in Cebu,” begins Mark Gamboa, Marketing Manager of Krispy Kreme Philippines, at the Krispy Kreme Cebu media launch held yesterday. “More importantly, Krispy Kreme is very excited for having the opportunity to finally respond to the growing clamor for the brand in Cebu.”
Debuting at the Active Zone of Ayala Center Cebu, which is situtated at the heart of the Cebu Business Park Superblock, the opening of the store in one of the country’s recognized regional hubs not only answers the great demand for the brand here but also marks several milestones for the brand.
“The Cebu opening marks several milestones for the brand,” shares Gamboa. “Aside from it being the brand’s pioneer nationwide footprint and its first store outside of Luzon, it’s also our first store in Cebu, and our 25th store in the country- all in time to celebrate half a decade of being in the country.” (Krispy Kreme first established its presence in the Philippines, November 30, 2006 with the opening of its piooner outlet at Bonifacio Global City).
Krispy Kreme Baked Creations.
To complete the Krispy Kreme Cebu experience, the brand will be opening a second branch immediately after its initial premier – a Hotlight store at the Cebu IT Park, at the ground floor of the Asia Premier Residences (in between i1 and i2 buildings). Dubbed as the ‘doughnut theatre,’, expect the factory store to serve the brand’s world famous, melt-in-your-mouth, Original Glazed doughnuts hot and fresh.
Krispy Kreme’s better and brighter look.
The Cebu stores will also be the first in the country to sport the brand’s new look worldwide. A new and more modern take on the Krispy Kreme signage, a fresher and more cheerful look is the beginning of Krispy Kreme’s move to upgrade the overall appearance of all the stores nationwide. Krispy Kreme’s new look makes it a cozier place to enjoy all of their doughnuts, baked creations, coffee, Chillers and other products.
Ms. Carolyn Salud – Krispy Kreme Philippines managing director
There are a lot of frequently asked questions about Krispy Kreme Philippines and we had the opportunity to channel them to Ms. Carolyn Salud – Krispy Kreme Philippines managing director, Mr. Peter King – Vice President, Asia Pacific at Krispy Kreme and Mr. Anson Markle – Manager, International Franchise Operations at Krispy Kreme, and here are some of them:
(sitting): Mr. Anson Markle – Manager, International Franchise Operations at Krispy Kreme, (standing): Mr. Peter King – Vice President, Asia Pacific at Krispy Kreme
How bullish are you about the Philippine market?
- We’re looking at opening 5-6 stores a year. Growth in the Philippines has been steady.
Is Krispy Kreme open for franchising?
- No, the development deal for the franchise was awarded to the Real American Doughnut Company, Inc., a company owned and operated by the Max’s Group of Companies.
What is your biggest Asian market?
- In terms of sales, Japan is the biggest. Shanghai is fast-growing while we’re just opening in Indonesia.
How established is your presence worldwide?
- We currently have around 700-800 stores in 21 countries with new ones opening every week.
Service with a smile.
What is the edge of the Philippine market over your other markets?
- For the Philippines, we’re proud to have one of the best customer service and quality of product.
Where did Krispy Kreme originate?
- The first Krispy Kreme store opened on July 13, 1937 at Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
In areas where you are already established, which is the most promising?
- Mexico is fastest growing in terms of sales.
How confident are you with the Cebu market?
- We are very, very confident. We have great looking stores and we hope that Cebuanos will be able to understand and appreciate the brand.
Do you look at Asia-Pacific as your most important market?
- We are looking at a major-expansion in the Asia-Pacific region although our stores in Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, The UK and Mexico are doing very well. For Thailand, we just have 2 stores and we’re looking at opening two more within six months. For Japan, we’ve just had a contract to open 72 stores within the next five years. Our Cebu IT Park branch will be the 26th branch in the Philippines. Another one at SM Cebu will be opening within the next three months.
Where will the next Krispy Kreme stores in the Philippines open?
- We’re currently looking at the Davao market. For 2012, we’re currently looking at opening in Davao, then south of Manila at Alabang Town Center, Nuvali and SM Bacoor.
Krispy Kreme Snickers Classic Doughnut.
Do you adjust your products to the flavors and taste of the local market?
- Our basic range of products is the same. We do have a research and development group responsible for looking into the flavors and innovation. For the Philippines, we’ve had special products such as the Green Lantern and Clash of the Titans doughnuts, among others.
What are your considerations before opening in a certain area?
- We look at the demographics, the socio-economic profile. We do market-mapping and ofcourse, the availability of prime space. For instance, we believe that our IT Park outlet is in a fantastic location.
How much is the investment for a Krispy Kreme store?
- For a fresh store, like this one in Ayala, it’s usually P10-15 million. For the factory store, like in IT Park, where we basically have our machines, P20 million.
Why are you opening three Cebu stores all within three months?
- We’ve wanted to be in Cebu for a very long time so we’re opening in three different locations to tap different markets. Ayala, for the lifestyle shoppers, IT Park for the working segment, and soon SM, since basically everyone goes there.
What are your best-performing stores in the Philippines?
- The top three would have to be our stores in Bonifacio Global City, Mall of Asia and Greenhills, where we have a drive-through store.
Do you think sales in your Manila branches will be affected with your opening in Cebu?
- No. Well perhaps, our Mall of Asia store since its the closest to the airport, but the very minimal loss will be offset by the opening of our Cebu stores as there are direct flights to/from almost every destination in Visayas-Mindanao!
Enjoy Krispy Kreme’s distinct confectionery goodness by grabbing a box of the brand’s delightful creations NOW!
Krispy Kreme officials