- Jollibee’s Amazing Aloha is Back!Posted 8 days ago
- Ayala Center Cebu’s New Wing Tops OffPosted 15 days ago
- Burnham Park, Baguio CityPosted 17 days ago
- Baguio City Overview (in photos)Posted 18 days ago
- Day Tour in Baguio CityPosted 18 days ago
- Libotero hops to Kuala LumpurPosted 18 days ago
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, Valladolid, Negros OccidentalPosted 18 days ago
- Visita Iglesia in SingaporePosted 19 days ago
- Best Bangkok House and Environs, ThailandPosted 21 days ago
- Bonchon Chicken Philippines SUCKSPosted 21 days ago
Join the 1st-ever Kadaugan Street Party in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu!
Have a memorable summer kick-off and be a part of history. Join the very-first “Kadaugan Street Party” to be held in Lapu-Lapu City on April 30, 2011!
This brainchild of the Lapu-Lapu City Government, through the initiative of the Commission on Tourism and International Relations, the Kadaugan Street Party will be true to its name, a street party, from sun-down ’til the wee hours! It will feature a street parade wherein contingents in their Samba-inspired costumes from all-over the city and all-over the province of Cebu (the award-winning Lumad Basakanon contingent of the Sinulog Festival is rumored to be participating!) will be performing and competing for the following prizes:
First Prize – P50,000
Second Prize – P30,000
Third Prize – P20,000
Reyna Bulakna (Individual) – P5,000
Best in RAMPA (Group) – P5,000
Best in Headdress (Group) – P5,000
Best in Costume (Group) – P5,000
Most Colorful (Group) – P5,000
Most Lively (Group) – P5,000
Trivia: As a requirement, each of the contingents must have a minimum of sixteen performers specifically with at least EIGHT female performers, inclusive of one female lead dancer who will represent Bulakna, the wife of Lapu-Lapu.
Half of the ML Quezon National Highway from the old bridge all the way to the new bridge (spanning 1.5 kilometers) will be closed to traffic (from 7pm of April 29 – 3am of May 1) to maximize the space for the performers, booths, spectators, revelers and basically everyone!
- This will be the first time an event of this magnitude will be staged in Lapu-Lapu City so to prevent any hassles, think “Sinulog Mentality”: commute to the venue if possible, wear comfortable clothes, don’t be too flashy, don’t bring anything unnecessary, be vigilant and be ready to walk long distances.
- If you plan on getting to the venue with your own vehicle, there are about 800 parking slots allotted at the center island along the Street Party route (diagonal parking) and within the Gaisano Island Mall Mactan parking area (see map above)
- If you have any flights scheduled on the evening of April 29 up to the early hours of May 1, it would be better to leave for the airport earlier than usual, considering the anticipated heavy traffic that will be brought about by the traffic rerouting
- Bottles will be prohibited all throughout the venue. Stores will only be allowed to sell canned beverages and alcoholic drinks served on plastic cups and pitchers.
Aside from the street-dancing, there will be a lot of things going on along the 1.5 kilometer stretch. Six stages will be spread throughout the venue featuring DYLS 97.1′s Disco, Faces Bar Concert, Dopee Rap Battle, Letshare TV Disco, DYRT 99.5′s Disco and Loft House DJs, among others. The Food Festival that will be held at the Mactan Liberty Shrine will also be culminating at the Kadaugan Street Party at the center island of the road leading to the Lapu-Lapu City Hall (see map). About 30 participating hotels, resorts and Lapu-Lapu food outlets will make available good food at very affordable prices (from P5 to P99!)
At the intersection between ML Quezon National Highway and the City Hall road will stand the main stage which will be the venue of the main concert featuring PowerSpoonz, PG18, New Zion, Line Divides, Sound Merge and DJs from Germany.
There will also be a venue for boxing enthusiasts as a boxing show will be held as well. A tricycle contest is also among the activities for the Kadaugan Street Party. Meanwhile, motorcycle and bike groups will also have their own place in the party. Furthermore, a car show and car audio exhibition will be held right in front of the Lapu-Lapu City Hall (see map). Doesn’t this excite you? BEST OF ALL, ADMISSION IS FREE!!!
But even before the main Kadaugan Street Party event on April 30, the fun will already start on the evening of April 29 as disco mobiles will be turning their speakers on full volume with a mini car show, free concert, and acoustic and tribal beats on the sides. Plus, there will also be a Rampada teaser. Fitness enthusiasts who haven’t had enough of the Great Lapu-Lapu Run can also join the 3K fun run dubbed as Run for Japan within the Kadaugan Street Party route with no registration fee. Participants will just be encouraged to give a donation to be sent to Japan.
The organizers themselves are very excited about this new activity and are very optimistic that they will be able to attract more tourists through this event. After all, with all this merry-making, who wouldn’t be enticed to join and hop in? For that reason, the Lapu-Lapu City Government is already planning to make the Kadaugan Street Party an Annual Event to be held on the Saturday immediately after the Kadaugan Reenactment (April 27) and like any other festival, it is just expected to get bigger and better each year.
ALL ROADS LEAD TO LAPU-LAPU CITY ON APRIL 30, 2011! Mark your calendars!