- Flawless Cell Infusion Booster Mask now in Cebu!Posted 6 days ago
- Milk Tea Lovers, Serenitea opens in Cebu!Posted 17 days ago
- Cebu City Marriott Hotel’s new weekend buffet offeringPosted 19 days ago
- Libotero’s Top 15 Pinoy Travel BlogsPosted 26 days ago
- Jollibee’s Amazing Aloha is Back!Posted 35 days ago
- Ayala Center Cebu’s New Wing Tops OffPosted 43 days ago
- Burnham Park, Baguio CityPosted 44 days ago
- Baguio City Overview (in photos)Posted 45 days ago
- Day Tour in Baguio CityPosted 45 days ago
- Libotero hops to Kuala LumpurPosted 46 days ago
Libotero Hops to Bohol
Bohol is an island province of the Philippines located in the Central Visayas region, consisting of Bohol Island and 75 minor surrounding islands. Its capital is Tagbilaran City. With a land area of 4,117.3 square kilometers (1,589.7 sq mi) and a coastline 261 kilometers (162 mi) long, Bohol is the tenth largest island of the Philippines. To the west of Bohol is Cebu, to the northeast is the island of Leyte and to the south, across the Bohol Sea is Mindanao.
What has been planned for years has finally come to fruition. It was my first time to do a roadtrip through RORO and it is definitely an unforgettable experience. Bohol is also my first destination in the Visayas outside of Cebu and I will not hesitate to revisit the island once the opportunity comes. For the meantime, I would like to share our marvelous and astonishing experience in Bohol. I’m writing our experience also to help others who desire to visit the place but don’t know the essential information such as where to start, what to visit, etc.
- Plan your roadtrip ahead. You can’t just go there unprepared. Finalize your itinerary, and your hotel bookings.
- Buy some maps. I recommend EZ Maps. Get the Bohol EZ Map as shows the entire national highway sytsem for Bohol, as well as major roads, distances and cities plus detailed maps of Tagbilaran and Panglao. It is exciting and interesting to see where you are and how far you have gone within the island. Also, this gives you an assurance that you are on the right track. Google Earth and Google Maps can help you too.
- Get your cash ready and don’t rely on ATMs. Tagbilaran is a first-class city, while Panglao is the tourist area, so most of the ATMs are in these locations.
- Check your car days before your roadtrip. Make sure it is well tuned up. You wouldn’t want to encounter engine troubles while you’re enjoying your roadtrip, right? Also, make sure your tires have the right pressure and bring a spare tire.
- Keep your gas half full all the time. Whenever you see a gas station, don’t hesitate, get your tank refilled.
- Bring food and drinks. At times when making a stopover is untimely, it helps if you have with you some chips and bottled/canned drinks to fill your stomach.
- Here are even more roadtrip tips from Goodyear that will surely help you plan yours.
Here are the details of our trip to Bohol:
1. RORO from Cebu to Bohol
2. Tubigon, Bohol
3. Sagbayan Peak
4. Chocolate Hills, Carmen
5. Baclayon Church
6. Blood Compact Sculpture
7. First Dip in Panglao
8. Bohol Sea
9. Loboc Church
10. Loboc River Cruise
11. Prony the Python, Alburquerque
12. Hinagdanan Cave, Dauis
13. Alona Beach, Panglao
14. Sunrise in Panglao
15. Dauis Church
16. Island City Mall, Tagbilaran
17. Tagbilaran Metropolitan Cathedral
18. BQ Mall and Tagbilaran Sunset